Saturday, December 20, 2008

Fed-Up with Fed-Ex

As stated in my previous blog, I've had horrible customer service experiences ever since my trip to Wal-Mart (also previously posted). It's like I've been cursed with bad shopping days until the new year! Well, my husband has also fallen victim to it. Below is the conversation he had with a lady at Fed-Ex concerning his laptop computer that he ordered from Dell two weeks ago and was expected to arrive yesterday... They will be listed as "B" (for Brian) and "FEL" (for Fed-Ex Lady)

FEL: "Thank you for calling Fed-Ex, this is _____, how can I help you?"
B: "Yes, I was calling to track a package that should have been to my house by now, and I just want to make sure everything is alright."
**FEL looks up tracking number**
FEL: "Yes, sir, the package was out for delivery, but it seems the driver didn't want to deal with the bad weather outside and has gone home."
B: "WHAT? How can he just GO HOME? You can't just quit working mid-day because you don't feel like doing your job. The UPS guy and USPS lady just went by here. Why not Fed-Ex?"
FEL: "I don't know what to tell you, sir."
B: "Well, you guys are in Livonia. Can I just come by and pick it up?"
FEL: "Well, sir, that's a long drive for today, and to tell you the truth, it's not here. When the weather is bad, the drivers just drive the trucks home with them."
B: "So you mean to tell me that the package that was supposed to be at my house today is sitting in some delivery person's driveway in his company truck because he didn't feel like bringing it to me?"
FEL: "Yes, sir."
B: "Do you have any idea what was in that package that I needed today? A laptop. And because it's going to sit out in the freezing cold, it's probably going to be damaged. I needed that laptop for my radio show tomorrow, and now not only will it be late, but it will probably be ruined."
FEL: "I don't know what to tell you, sir."
B: "I know what you can tell me. You can tell me that you'll call the driver and tell him to get his butt back to work and finish delivering his packages like he's supposed to be doing."
FEL: "Well, he's gone home, sir."
B: "I KNOW!!!"
FEL: "Tell you what, sir. You can call here at 8:00 a.m. tomorrow, and I'll see where he is en route and see if we can make sure that it gets to you ASAP."
B: "UGH! Fine."
**FEL gives him her extension**

I want to know one thing - what happened to "In rain or shine, snow, sleet, hail, tornado, hurricane, sandstorm, monsoon, tsunami or any other natural disaster... We'll be there!"??? What happened to getting what you paid for in the good sense?


So, this morning, Brian gives them a call at 8:00 a.m. sharp. FEL tells him that the driver wants him to have his personal cell phone number so that they can arrange to meet up somewhere.... That's right... Not bring it to his home... Meet him somewhere... That point aside, he calls him and they agree to meet in a local McDonald's parking lot. Turns out, the delivery guy didn't even live 1/2 a mile from our house!!!! He could have had his computer last night, no problem... GRRRR.... So, he gets the laptop, ice cold, and heads to the church to get there a bit late for the first radio show that he produces. So, he quickly opens up his laptop and places it on the desk. He goes to turn it on and...NOTHING. The computer won't even turn on! He calls Dell and explains what happened, and they walked him through some troubleshooting steps, but alas, nothing was successful. They're replacing it, and I'm sure going to call Fed-Ex to file a claim for their irresponsible drivers. So, in 3-5 business days, he should have his new computer. I wonder if it will come via UPS this time... I wonder if this is all it takes to stop working when you want... See below...

Photobucket

3 comments:

My Kids Mom said...

Nice! I have the same thing happen, but with UPS. I also had to go and get my package....nice.

Marc said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marc said...

Should of got a Mac, they use UPS :)